KOG Games values your privacy and safety online. We work hard to provide the best security measures and strive to keep up with the latest technologies to help safeguard your game account. Unfortunately, scammers and other malicious entities may be lurking in-game and elsewhere online, just waiting to threaten your privacy and cause any form of trouble. Please beware and keep these tips in mind.
- Never ever share your account information with anyone. Beware of players posing as GMs or KOG Games team members especially if they ask for your account and personal information. KOG Games will never ask for your password. There will never be any reason to tell someone your password. Never give anyone your password, for any reason.
- Ignore links or websites from other players in game. Many scammers may give you external URLs to visit outside of the game. KOG Games GMs will never give you any website to visit other than official Grand Chase and Elsword domains.
Avoid external websites that sell GP, K-Ching or any in game currency.
KOG Games is not responsible for any damages to you or your Grand Chase account as a result of using these sites, but we recommend that players avoid them altogether. Below are the reasons:
- Most of these sites are created to steal credit card details and other personal information. It is best to avoid these sites to prevent the risk of financial loss or identity theft.
- These sites are illegal and any player found promoting these sites or doing business with them will immediately have their account banned.
- These sites often promise to meet players in game to deliver purchased GP or K-Ching. However, this is a scam. The sites do not show up to complete the trade. As a reminder, KOG Games is not responsible for any financial damages resulting from player-to-player trades.
- These sites are often used to hack accounts by asking for players’ passwords. Never give your password to anyone, even if they claim to be a KOG Games team member.
- Make sure you have anti-virus software installed. It is possible for hackers to use a virus to access your computer. Anti-virus software can provide a first line of defense and it’s a very good idea to have it installed. However, it cannot protect against scammers whose goal is to deceive players inside the game or on scamming websites.
Is Your Account at Risk?
If you have sufficient reason to believe that your account has been compromised, stay calm and take the following steps as soon as possible.
- Change your password right away. This may not undo the damage, but it will help prevent the hackers from accessing your account in the future. To change your password, click here then choose “Edit Profile”.
- Check for changes in your account information. Inspect the details of your account – if anything has changed since your last login, it’s a clue that someone else has accessed your account without your permission. Click here then select “Transaction History”.
- Submit a ticket to Game Support. In case you are unable to log on to your account even after password change attempts, or your account has lost K-Ching, GP, or items, please send a ticket to Game Support and we will do what we can to help you resolve the issue. In this case, we ask for your patience, as an investigation into your account may take some time.
- Scan your computer for viruses. Up-to-date anti-virus software is the most essential line of defense in your PC.If you installed anti-virus software, you can scan your computer to see if it has been infected with a Trojan virus, common malware, and other threats. Your anti-virus software can detect and possibly fix the issue.